Thursday, August 28, 2014

DIY Hair Bow and Chokers

Ok so I know I haven't been non here in a while. I have had a bad case of writes's block, and I still have it. But while I've been going through that I have been making a few hair bows and I also got around to making a choker.

I am still working out the kinks in both my hair bows by finding easier ways to make them. And I also need to work on a tutorial on my choker.

But for now, I just want to show you what I have been doing in the mean time.

The first two pictures are my hair bow that I have been practicing. This time I am using a mesh ribbon with just some double sided tape and my hot glue gun.

As I keep practicing, I am getting more better at it and now I have a lot of awesome bow ideas that are coming to mind. I might have to start sketching some of these ideas to remember what I want to make at a later date and when I have the right materials.

My first use of the mesh ribbon. I actually recommend using this type of ribbon as it isn't flimsy like the satin ribbon.

Slightly getting better at making my bows.
As much as I love using the satin ribbon. The mesh ribbon as become my favourite to use.


Now for my chokers.

I did do a test choker just to see how well it would turn out for me. I pretty much followed the instructions from Lady Spleen, and her Diy Velvet Ribbon Choker.

Test Choker made from Zebra Print Grosgrain Ribbon


Now even though it looks plain. It was the whole point to it being a "tester". I didn't want to make something that wasn't going to work for me. But in the end, it actually came out better than I expected. Yes it was a little loose around my neck as my measurements were off by a centimeter.

Then the next day, I decided to play it up a little and try a satin ribbon choker. This time adding a Dolphin Cameo.
My Dolphin Choker that I'm quite proud of.

I have to say that I am quite proud of this one. It's only my second choker that I made, but I just absolutely love it.

No comments :