Friday, July 25, 2014

New additions to the back potted garden.


Just posting up a couple of new plants to our outdoor area of potted plants (I will blog about the other plants in another post).

When I was growing up, my dad's house had some wonderful scented roses growing. And ever since then I have had a love for roses. It's not the first one on my flower list, but its in the top 5 of my favourite flowers.

But because the house I'm living in is a rental. I have decided that any plant I want to grow would have to planted in pots. Which is good in my books, as I love pots.

Now the reason why i'm talking about roses is this little miniature rose I recently got.

My newest miniature rose.



I don't have room for the normal sized roses that are out there so I collect miniature roses. They are the perfect sized rose for me. And they can come scented. You just need to look for them.

The next addition is another miniature (well technically is a dwarf). And I use these a lot in my teas and baking. If you hadn't guessed by now, it's a dwarf lemon tree.

Dwarf Lemon Tree.

I will post up all the other potted plants in another blog. I need to take some nicer looking photos of everything, and make it look pretty =P I will also add some close ups of the lemon blossom flowers as well Including the new additions to the front garden.




No comments :